Monday, August 3, 2009

Project Day 22 - Delays

I have been lax in getting a new posting for you to view. I apologize. I have not posted because there was nothing new to share, except delays.

On Thursday, Brad called and said that the start of the framing was delayed because Robbie (framing contractor) was not finished with another job he was working on. Robbie didn't expect to complete that job until Friday, July 31. So, Brad decided not to have the lumber delivered and we'd start bright and early on Monday, August 3.

This morning at 6:43 AM the cell phone woke me out of a sound sleep. It was Brad calling to say we were delayed another day. Seems Robbie was not quite awake when he stopped to fill his truck with gas. He accidentally put gasoline in his diesel engine. Needless to say, Robbie was having his truck towed somewhere to remove the diesel tank and have it drained and cleared of gasoline. Of course, Robbie felt terrible, but these things happen. At least he realized it before he turned over the engine!

Brad was already half way to the property, so he was going to proceed onward to check that the dumpster (and something else, maybe lumber) had been delivered (I was still half asleep and my ears weren't working yet!). Hopefully, Robbie will be able to start framing tomorrow.

For today, I guess I will have to do some housework because I can't use "going to the building site" as my excuse for another housework delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment